Some users of PowerPoint have problems to see suggestions of PowerPoint Designer. Why does it happen? If Design suggestions are not available at the moment, the following things may cause this issue:
• Check your internet connection. You can get PowerPoint Design suggestions only when you work online.
• You have to use PowerPoint themes. Avoid using custom themes or themes which have been downloaded from other resources.
• Only one user can edit the same PowerPoint slide. When there are several people editing the same slide, PowerPoint does not offer any design ideas.
When you can’t get access to Design Suggestions for PowerPoint slides with pictures, you should check the following:
• Check whether you have applied a correct slide layout. It should be either “Title + Content” or simply “Title”.
• Avoid using additional shapes and objects on the same PowerPoint slide which already has a picture.
• Use not more than four pictures per PowerPoint slide.
• Check the format of your picture. It should be BMP, JPG, GIF, or PNG.
• Check the pixels of your pictures. They should not be too large. The best is 200 x 200 pixels.
When you can’t get access to Design Suggestions for PowerPoint slides which are process-based, you should check the following:
• Make sure that you have applied a correct slide layout. It should be “Title + Content”.
• While processing your text content you should avoid using additional shapes, objects and pictures on the same PowerPoint slide.
These tricks should help you the most common issues with Designer. In case, you do not want to use PowerPoint Designer, you can always turn it off by pressing “File” > “Options” > “General” and then just clear the box named as “Automatically show me design ideas”.